PICOSCOPE OSCILLOSCOPE STANDARD KIT (4 CHANNEL)
Find out why PicoScope is like no other oscilloscope with features and benefits that make it the world's leading choice for vehicle manufacturers and aftermarket garages alike.
Scan tool or scope?
We are often asked "Should I buy a scan tool or a scope". The short answer is that you need both. A scan tool can often point you in the right direction, perhaps indicating a misfire on a specific cylinder but too often the less experienced technician then ends replacing several parts before the problem is solved. Oscilloscopes should be used:
- To eliminate guesswork and test individual components before they are replaced. This avoids "parts darts" where more and more parts are replaced until the fault goes away.
- To find intermittent wiring and connector faults.
- When a vehicle has a problem but no code has been set or when multiple / misleading codes have been set
- As the best way to find charging and starting problems.
- To find problems with actuators such as motors and injectors that are not monitored by the ECU.
- To identify mechanical problems such as compression and slipped / incorrectly fitted timing belts.
For the technician oscilloscopes lead to faster, more efficient diagnostics and a better understanding of how vehicle systems work. For the workshop using a PicoScope encourages a "fix it right" culture by reducing the number of parts changed on guesswork. The net result is improved customer satisfaction, increased repeat business and increased profits.